Bitdefender or Avast is a prolonged debate that makes the situation hard for you regarding which antivirus is best for you.
However, if you are looking for the answer related to which antivirus is best to use, then you have come to the right place.
After getting a massive amount of emails from our audience regarding Bitdefender vs Avast, our professional tech team does extensive testing of both antiviruses.
This extensive testing of both antiviruses includes a list of comparisons that help you to decide which antivirus works great for you.
Therefore, without wasting more time let’s find out which antivirus is best to use by going through the detailed comparison and testing results.
Pros & Cons – Bitdefender vs Avast
- Bitdefender antivirus scan performs a robust action in detecting and removing different malicious programs and malware efficiently. On the scale of 1 to 10, according to tech expert, Bitdefender falls under 9.2 rating
- The overall security provided by Bitdefender antivirus is phenomenal. The best feature of this antivirus is “repairing different programs and apps” which are affected by malicious malware or virus. Not only that it’s repairing feature outcast all the other antivirus providers
- Offers parental control feature that helps to restrict your children and other users in the house appropriately which keeps your system safe from different malicious virus attacks
- Offers numerous layers of protection against Ransomware and keeps your files and documents virus and malware free. Similar to malwarebytes free.
- Doesn’t affect the system’s performance aggressively, which provide the same smooth experience while using Bitdefender on its system
- Offers webcam protection features
- One of the most outstanding features that Bitdefender offers is that it encrypts users confidential documents and files by creating complex passwords and secured vaults.
- The parental control feature requires more detailed feature as it is still very complicated for the majority of users to use it. Moreover, this parental feature is only available with the premium version of Bitdefender.
- If you compare Bitdefender vs Avast, then the customer of Bitdefender is very slow.
- Avast is a top-notch antivirus as compared to other antiviruses available in the market. After extensive testing of Avast, our tech expert team gives Avast 9.6 out of 10.
- Safe zone feature notifies the user whenever they are trying to install some malicious program or apps.
- Provides an option to set up regular scan on your system, which keeps your system clean without distracting your work
- The premium version of Avast offers some exceptional tools that are essential to keep your system virus and malware free.
- Customer support is incredibly useful and assists 24/7 in case you need any help.
- The gaming detector by Avast is one of the outstanding features. When you start gaming on your system, the Avast antivirus automatically shut down the unwanted programs to free the resources.
- The free version of Avast antivirus offers some incredible security features, which some paid version of antivirus failed to provide.
- The biggest problem with Avast antivirus is that it comes with other products. These extra apps make several quirks, which creates difficulty for the users.
- Avast, a password management feature does not have all the features that other paid version of antiviruses offers such as password reset and multifactor authentication.
Relevant Post: Avira vs Avast – Which one offers better Protection in 2019
Bitdefender vs Avast – Which one has Low Prices?
|Bitdefender Versions||Price||Avast Antivirus Versions||Price|
|Bitdefender Free Version||Free (Unlimited Devices)||Avast Free Version||Free (Unlimited Devices)|
|Bitdefender Plus Version||$39.98/Annually (3 years)||Avast Pro Version||$49.99/Annually (1 Device)|
|Bitdefender Online Security Version||$49.99/Annually (3 Devices)||Avast Online Security Version||$59.99/Annually (1 Device)|
|Bitdefender Total Security||$49.99/Annually (5 devices)||Avast Premier Version||$79.99/Annually (1 Device)|
|Bitdefender Security for Family||$69.98/Annually (Unlimited Devices)||Avast Ultimate Version||$119.99/Annually (1 Device)|
|Bitdefender Virus Detector||Free (Unlimited Devices)||Avast Security Version||Free (Unlimited Devices)|
|Bitdefender for Mac||$39.99/Annually (1 MacBook)||Avast Pro Security Version||$59.99/Annually (1 Device)|
Features Comparison – Bitdefender vs Avast
|Both Avast and Bitdefender software provides ultimate protection, and that is why it is challenging to say which one is better.||Winner|
|If you compare Bitdefender and Avast, both antiviruses perform a robust action against malware and different threats||Winner|
|The premium version of Bitdefender is much cheaper and economical than Avast premium products||Winner|
|Avast interface is much more comfortable and user-friendly as compare to Bitdefender||Winner|
|Impact on System|
|Both antiviruses software work exceptionally good to keep your device safe from different malware and threats. However, Bitdefender is much more lightweight than Avast||Winner|
Options and Packages You will get with Bitdefender
For Windows Users
The Bitdefender free version offers all the necessary protection without providing any extra feature. The basic security features work significantly in protecting your device from viruses and malware.
It also offers some free security tools like other free antivirus products offer. However, one thing that concerns me, Bitdefender free version does not provide password manager as other security suites do.
But it includes some unique feature like protection against fraudulent and phishing sites since PayPal phishing is new to trick customers by sending convincing emails and redirecting to fake websites.
Another security feature Bitdefender offers a separate Home Scanner, which is totally free. This security tool provides features like analyzing buggy devices and weak passwords in your network.
In this way, it provides a helpful recommendation to improve your device and online security. Bitdefender also offers a free tool for removing adware and ransomware.
However, if you are looking for ultimate security, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 should be your choice. The premium version of Bitdefender offers the following additional features:
- Silent option while gaming
- Make your browser secure and safe for online shopping
- Provides a password vault
- A file shredder (provides a process of deleting sensitive docs securely and permanently
- Battery Saver
- And extra care from customer support since you opt for the premium version
- Vulnerability scanner that checks for security holes, outdated/vulnerable software, missing Windows patches, and potentially dangerous settings
- Offers rescue disk feature to prevent malicious infections
Bitdefender Internet Security 2019
If you are looking for high security for your device, Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 must be your choice. This Internet Security Suite 2019 by Bitdefender additional features include:
- Webcam protection
- Parental Control Features (For more tips, see my Parental Control Safety Guide)
- Safe Files protection feature to protect your data from ransom attacks
- Offers two-way Firewall
- Provide antispam feature to prevent spam emails
Bitdefender Total Security 2019
The Bitdefender Total Security subscription provides you all the Internet mentioned above Security Feature 2019 plus following performance optimization features:
- One Click Optimizer
- Startup Optimizer
- Anti-Theft Feature (enable to find out stolen and lost devices)
- Disk Cleanup
Bitdefender Family Pack 2019
With Bitdefender Family Pack 2019 you can protect unlimited family devices and avail all the features of Total Security Package.
Important Note: All the mentioned above antivirus packages only for Windows devices except Total Security Package that is also available on Mac.
For Mac Users
Although when it comes to security, Mac is much secure than Windows, but still Bitdefender offers security tools like Virus Scanner similar to Windows Home Scanner feature.
Bitdefender also offers two more free security tools with the name of Traffic Light (A web filter tool that blocks infected content before it reaches you).
The second tool is an Adware removal tool similar to the tool that it offers for Windows OS. However, if you are looking for ultimate protection for your Mac device, you must opt for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac.
This security suite for Mac has all the capabilities to protect your Mac device from all kinds of threats. Blocks annoying adware, keeps ransomware at bay, and protects your backups.
Options and Packages You will get with Avast
Like Bitdefender, Avast does not offer the same security suites for both Windows and MacOS. And this is one of the best things about it.
First, let’s talk about security suites offer by Avast for Windows OS:
For Windows Users
If you compare Avast Antivirus Free version with Bitdefender freeware, Avast has a lot to offer.
Where Bitdefender Free Antivirus offers limited security feature, Avast, on the other side, consider as one of the feature-rich security software.
Avast, apart from great malware protector, it includes web & email protection, a password vault, a home network inspector (checks for vulnerable networks and settings).
Also provides software updater (tells you which of your software are outdated), and a silent/game mode feature.
To add, you can create a redeem path to protect your device to get infected from deadly viruses.
There is another security tool “Avast Safe Zone Browser” that is temporarily discontinued for improvements, helps you to provide safer online banking and shopping experience.
Avast also offers separate security tool “Avast SaferPrice” extension created to find legit online deals. However, despite providing appropriate deals, it becomes a headache for me.
If you don’t know much about VPN service, I would recommend you to read my extensive guide regarding “What is VPN and How it Works.”
Avast Pro Antivirus
If you are planning to get next level security, you must opt for Avast Pro Antivirus. This pro version offers all the features of its free version plus Sandbox technology.
With this Sandbox technology, you can test potentially dangerous files in a virtual environment. It also offers real site feature to prevent hackers from taking over your DNS settings and premium support.
Avast Internet Security
Avast’s Internet Security adds an advanced firewall, an anti-spam to block junk emails, and top-drawer ransomware protection.
Avast Premier includes all the features that you get in Avast Internet Security package plus webcam protection and file shredder.
And the most incredible thing about this Avast security plan is that it will automatically update the out of date apps.
Avast Ultimate suite adds a Cleanup Premium (improves system performance by cleaning junk), a SecureLine VPN to help you browse the web anonymously, and a premium password vault.
For Mac Users
Also offers WiFi security scanner, while Avast Security Pro adds protection against ransomware and WiFi intruders.
Avast vs Bitdefender: Which Antivirus Offers Better Protection?
Bitdefender vs Avast: both antiviruses provide incredible protection since both offers advanced security solutions that include:
- Lateral Monitoring feature (Observes the behavior of different apps, docs, and files to notify about infected files and recommendation to remove malicious antivirus and malware)
- Signature Match Detection feature (track and scan suspected docs and files by apply prompt malware and antivirus mechanism)
With the help of features mentioned above, both Bitdefender and Avast operate in a way that if anything is suspected to be infected in your system.
Then it is sent to cloud protocols and servers, and if the file or doc is confirmed to be malware or virus while analyzing, the antivirus system notifies the users that go out multiple times in a day.
This process of detecting and analyzing feature performs exceptionally by both Bitdefender and Avast.
According to AV-Test and AV-comparatives, they found the following performance result of both Bitdefender vs Avast:
Bitdefender Test Results
Avast Test Result
Based on these results, both Bitdefender and Avast provide exceptional protection against multiple antiviruses and malware, which means it’s a tie between them.
Avast vs Bitdefender : Which Antivirus Effects Less System Performance?
Since due to the high probability of virus and malware attack these days, all antiviruses constantly run in the background of your system to provide protection and security.
Which means they continuously use system resources.
Although this is good practice by this antivirus software to protect our devices if this antivirus software consumes too many resources, then it is evident that it will significantly effect the system’s performance.
Relevant Article: Malwarebytes vs Avast: Extensive Comparison Guide 2019
And those antiviruses and security software, which impacts system’s performance dramatically is considered as an average product in the antivirus industry.
So to check which antivirus effects less system performance relative to Avast vs Bitdefender, took the result provided by AV-test analysis.
The mentioned below results are extracted to calculate the slowdown percentage on both average system and top-notch system.
Bitdefender (6/6) (Winner)
According to the above performance test result, both Bitdefender and Avast do not affect system’s performance that much. However, Bitdefender slightly gets the edge over Avast on both average and top-notch system.
Bitdefender or Avast: Which Antivirus has a Better Interface?
Bitdefender free vs avast free
What the interface offers by Avast is same in both free and premium version.
However, Bitdefender offers two different interfaces, one for the free version and one for the premium version.
Moreover, Bitdefender free version does not offer a lot of features as Avast free version.
Furthermore, the Bitdefender free version interface looks like an average antivirus provider interface.
There are only a few options available in Bitdefender free version as compared to Avast free version, which comes with multiple useful tools to maintain systems protection and security.
Bitdefender Total Security vs Avast Premier
Bitdefender premium version comes with the eye-catching and robust interface. It offers a whole menu bar on the left side of the screen, which includes the following features:
- Customer Support
On the other hand, Avast offers the similar interface for all of its security products. The first thing, which gives Avast edge over Bitdefender, is its simple and user-friendly interface.
The main feature of Avast antivirus includes:
The handy options provided Avast antivirus products gives ultimate user experience to use privacy and protection tools on their system.
This is why Avast antivirus products relatively have number of users as compared to Bitdefender due to its eye-catching and user-friendly interface.
Regarding interface functionality, design and features, Avast is the winner if you compare it with Bitdefender due to its similar interface for all of its security products and handy features.
Bitdefender or Avast Reviews
To make Bitdefender vs Avast comparison unprejudiced, we add some comments of users, which help you to decide whether which antivirus is best according to your needs.
Avast vs Bitdefender Reddit Review
This user shared his experience of not getting an option to disable the SSL feature in free version of Bitdefender. The enabled SSL connection causes limitation to open different website due to security protocols.
According to this user, Avast is more lightweight than Bitdefender for him at least, which is surprising.
This person thinks that due to handy feature provided by Avast antivirus, it can be used by average user, which is great!
We hope that after going through the above-mentioned Bitdefender vs Avast comparisons and testing results, you are now able to take a decision whether which antivirus is best for you.
However, according to our tech team, if you compare the latest updated version of both antiviruses, we think Avast is the best antivirus so far due to its friendly user interface and ultimate security features.