Amazon Assistant Virus: Since the online world is advancing exponentially, tools of browsing internet also gearing up for making users experience great.
And browser extensions are one of the primary focus of organizations like Google to assist in finding and analyzing multiple things on the internet.
There is no doubt that these browser extensions are creating value for online users by providing technical assistance and feature to complete different online tasks.
However, as we know that in the online world, there is not a single technology, which is flawless. This why some extensions create a hassle for users instead of providing assistance
For this reason, after getting tons of email regarding how to get rid of Amazon Assistant aa.hta virus, I decided to provide an ultimate guide for it.
It seems not very difficult for me to found the method for how to remove Amazon Assistant virus since I already wrote on multiple malware or fake extension such as Avast Safeprice.
So now without wasting any time lets out how to remove this malicious Amazon Assistant Virus from our devices
What is Amazon Assistant aa.hta Virus?
Similar to Avast Safeprice, Amazon Assistant is a browser extension, which is created to make online shopping easier for users.
This extension is available on the official website and browsers app store. However, this Amazon Assistant is not as helpful as it seems.
Although it is developed by one trillion dollars worth company, which is renown for its efficient online services and products.
But this extension is famous with the name of Amazon Assistant Virus among users. When you installed this extension on your browser, initially it works fine, but then slowly it starts unwanted activities in the backend of the system.
And when I was testing this Amazon Assistant virus extension, I found out this extension shows unlimited unwanted shopping offers which are mostly fake.
That is why this Amazon Assistant aa.hta extension is seen as an unwanted program instead of wanted one. Moreover, this Amazon Assistant virus is not itself a virus. It is a genuine program offer by Amazon.
The main issue is within its security patterns. The algorithm this Amazon Assistant virus uses, open the gate for different malicious malware that causes browsing related problems and put users online privacy on risk as well due to anonymous data tracking activities.
The only solution to make your browsing experience great again is by removing this infected infection.
What’s the Difference between Amazon Assistant aa.hta virus & Amazon Assistant virus?
Amazon Assistant aa.hta virus is another name for Amazon Assistant virus extension. This vulnerable Amazon extension works as a browser hijacker and automatically changes the default page and default browser of your system.
This creepy extension is available on all the popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
The most annoying and disgusting thing regarding this Amazon Assistant virus is that when you search anything on the browser, without any permission, it directs you on sponsored websites.
However this infected extension doesn’t have the potential to break your system by corrupting your file or installing deadly malware like Ransomware and Trojans.
But this Amazon Antivirus virus becomes a pain in the ass while you are browsing internet. That is why most of the users always looking to get rid of it.
How to Uninstall Amazon Assistant from Windows 10
Following are the steps to uninstall Amazon Assistant virus from your system. Surprising the mentioned above method is not only applicable for Windows 10 but also for 7, 8 and 8.1 too.
Note: never drag the unwanted program from your system to Recycle Bin, it won’t uninstall the program properly. It means some files and folders of the program will remain stored in your system and can lead to occur different unknown errors on your system.
- Initially, if you are using Windows 10, in the bottom left of the screen click on “magnifier” symbol to open the search bar option.
- Now in the search bar option type “Run” and when it appears to click on it to open.
- Another search box will appear > in the box type “APPWIZ.CPL” and click OK or press the Enter
- This will open the “Uninstall or Change Program” folder, where all the installed programs are located on your system.
- Find the “Amazon Assistant” program and click on the Uninstall option
How to Uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus by Cleaning Browser
How to Uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus from Google Chrome
- First, launch the Chrome browser on your system and take the cursor on the top right corner of the screen and click on “three vertical dots” symbol.
- Now the list of options will appear on the screen > click on “Tools” option > another list will appear, select “Extensions” option
- Now find from the list of extensions find “Amazon Assistant” and click on “Remove” button and wait for the process
- When the process is complete > restart your chrome browser and check whether Amazon Assistant Virus is removed or not.
How to Delete Virus from Firefox
- First, open the Firefox browser > and from the top right corner, screen click “three vertical lines” to open the settings option.
- Now the list of options will appear on the screen > select “Add-ons” option
- From the list of add-ons, search for “Amazon Assistant Virus” option and click on “Remove” option and wait for the process.
- After uninstalling process is complete, restart your Firefox browser and check it is removed or not.
How to Uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus Microsoft Edge
- First, launch the Edge browser > now open the menu list by clicking on “three horizontal dots” option which is located on the top right corner of the screen.
- The list of Menu will appear > Select “Extensions” option
- Now from the list of extensions choose “Amazon Assistant” > and then click on the “Gear” symbol
- Now click on the “Uninstall” option and wait for the process.
- After the process done > restart the Edge browser and check whether “Amazon Assistant Virus” is gone or not
How to Get Rid of Amazon Assistant aa.hta Virus FAQs
How to remove Amazon Assistant
By following the methods mentioned above, you can remove Amazon Assistant from your system and make your internet browsing experience great again.
Amazon Assistant keeps Popping Up
The only way to get rid of this Amazon Assistant virus is to remove it. For this, I followed the following two notes copied from above, and it removed it from my Computer. The Modify and Uninstall Buttons were greyed out and unable to be used. So I went into safe mode as below and then had to remove the folder while in safe mode.
We suggest that you boot your device in Safe Mode and attempt to uninstall it from there. Safe Mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers.
Here’s how to start your device in Safe Mode from Settings:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Update & security > Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- After your PC restarts, you’ll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.
I was able to delete the Amazon Assistant files/folder from program files while in safe mode. Restarted and it seems to have fixed it
I hope that you find this guide helpful to delete “Amazon Assistant Virus” and make your internet browsing experience free of annoying pop-ups and get redirected to different sponsored websites which are of no use.
However, if you still have any query or confusion, feel free to contact us, by mentioning your comment below.