“The less I care, the happier I am.” Man! I am telling you, the person who said this quote, should be punished. It’s not applicable in every situation, especially when you are installing an antivirus software that offers you different extra add-ons like Avast SafePrice extension. And this is all because of one sh…y quote.
All those who are a regular audience of our site, know that we are a great fan of Avast Cleanup due to its efficient performance as compare to other Cleanup software. However, when you are trying to install Avast Antivirus, because of your carelessness, you forget to uncheck the box regarding extra add-ons.
Then, add-ons like Avast SafePrice will keep you haunted with different malicious pop-ups, while you are browsing something important. And when you try to remove it from your browser, it won’t remove and keep making your life miserable.
But don’t worry we got you cover, and with the help of our tech experts, we will guide you how to get rid of this annoying Avast SafePrice extension. So, let’s go
What is Avast SafePrice?
It’s a headache! Avast SafePrice is a free adware browser extension that is automatically installed in your system when you download and install the free version of Avast software.
This Avast SafePrice is not installed by itself, but it’s due to our carelessness because we feel too lazy to uncheck the box that is given as an extra feature to get with Avast antivirus or clean up software.
However, after instalation in your system, it turns your life into a nightmare by showing you different ads or popups whether you want to see them or not. While you are browsing, this Avast SafePrice extension will show different pop-ups and ads under the following taglines:
Brought to you by “Avast SafePrice,” “Powered by Avast SafePrice” & “You’ve received a premium offer from Avast SafePrice.”
The primary objective of these ads and pop-ups offers by Avast SafePrice extension is to play with users mind to install different additional features, which are questionable because they are not worthy at all. On the other hand, these extra features provide a way to generate extra revenue by pay per click strategy.
How Avast SafePrice Works?
This malicious Avast SafePrice extension pushes different anonymous ads, pop-ups, and banners within your favorite browser such as FireFox, Chrome or Internet Explorer as an extension add-on. It works by showing you different malicious updates you need to do or some anonymous software which says “it will smoother your browsing experience,” which is 100% a malware in actual. And then your system will start coughing due to this malware.
That is why you should show proactive behavior when installing different free Avast software. However, when you try to remove or disable this SafePrice extension, you are unable to do it? But don’t worry, we analyze this situation, and this is one of the reasons why we are doing Avast SafePrice review here.
How to Disable Avast SafePrice
The only way to temporarily disables the Avast SafePrice is when you get this extra add-on feature while you installed free Avast software, the window will show you a screen that offers you permanently disable option. However, this option does not disable it permanently.
In case if the deactivation option doesn’t appear on your screen, don’t worry, you can directly disable the Avast SafePrice extension by going into the Avast software settings options.
However, by temporarily disabling the Avast SafePrice, it will appear again. When you update your browser or change your system settings. That is why, according to our tech experts, we recommend if this malicious extension is of no use, try to remove it permanently from your browser.
Methods to Remove Avast SafePrice
In case you don’t want to use Avast SafePrice extension on Chrome, FireFox or Internet Explorer, following are different methods to obliterate it from your system.
Uninstall Avast SafePrice
- If you are using Windows earlier version such as Vista, XP or Windows 7, then First go to the “Start” option, which is located at the bottom left part of the screen and “Click” on it > the menu bar will appear > Select “Control Panel” option.
- On the other hand, if you are using Windows 8, then click the “Windows” icon which is located at the bottom left corner of the screen > the menu bar will appear > then select the search box and find “Control Panel” option.
- In case you are using the latest version of Windows, which 10, then click on the “Start Menu” > then select “Settings” with the help of mouse > Click on “Settings” option > and select “Apps and Features” options
- Now select the “Uninstall Program” from the “Control Panel” list, which is located in the program section
- When the “Uninstall a Program” or “Program and Features” (based on the version of Windows you are using) will appear > now with the help of cursor try to find out Avast SafePrice extensions from the list of installed programs in your system and delete it.
- However, if this malicious extension may not appear with its original name, so if you recently installed it > “Go to Installing On” option and select “Sort out by installation date” > and uninstall the malicious or unknown programs from the list.
Remove SafePrice Directly from Browser
In case you failed to find Avast SafePrice software in the “Uninstall Program” or Program and Features, then try to remove it directly from the browser you are using. Following are the steps to remove SafePrice extension from FireFox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Remove Avast SafePrice FireFox
- First, launch the FireFox browser > and then go to the “Menu” option.
- Now the bar will appear > Select “Add-ons” option.
- Search for the SafePrice add-on > and then click “Remove” option to uninstall it completely.
How to Remove Avast Safeprice from Chrome
- For Chrome users, first, open the browser.
- Now in the search bar type, “chrome://extensions” and press enter OR you can access it by click on the “Menu,” which is located in the top right corner of the browser in the form of three horizontal dots > then go to “More tools” > “Extensions”.
- Search for the Avast SafePrice extension from the list of extensions and click “Dustbin” icon to remove it.
Avast SafePrice Remove Internet Explorer
- For the individuals who are still using Internet Explorer, open the browser and go to the “Menu“ option, which is located on the top right corner in the form of three vertical dots icon.
- Now click on the “Extension” option, which appears in the Menu list
- Search for the Avast SafePrice extension from the list and click on “Disable” option.
Reset the Browser Setting to Remove Avast Safe Price Extension
In case you are still unable to completely remove Avast SafePrice extension from your system after following the methods which are mentioned above, then try to reset the browser settings. Following are the steps to reset the browser setting to remove SafePrice extension for FireFox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Remove Avast SafePrice FireFox
- First launch FireFox browser, then click on the “Menu” option, which is located on the top right corner of the screen> select “Help” option.
- Now from the “Help” menu, select “Troubleshooting Information” option. However, if you are not able to access the “Help” option, then type “about:// support” in the search bar to open the “Troubleshooting Information” access.
- Now find the option “Refresh FireFox” option and click on it.
- After clicking it, the FireFox browser will automatically close and reopen with its default settings.
Avast SafePrice Remove Chrome
As compare to FireFox, its way simpler to reset the Chrome default settings. However, in the process of Chrome default settings, it won’t remove your passwords and bookmarks, which is excellent. Following are the steps reset to default setting in Chrome browser:
- First launch the Chrome browser, then go to the “Menu” option, located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now select the “Settings” option from the “Menu” bar.
- Now in the “Settings” option > Select “Show Advanced Settings” options > click on “Reset ”
- The window will appear > for confirmation click on “Reset” option
Avast SafePrice Remove Internet Explorer
- First, launch the Internet Explorer > Select the “Gear” icon, which is located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now search for “Internet Option” and click on it.
- In the “Internet Settings” dialogue box, select “Advanced Setting” option
- Now click on the “Reset Tab” to process the browser default settings to remove the Avast SafePrice extension.
Remove Avast SafePrice by Using Anti-Malware Software
If the methods which are mentioned above failed to remove Avast SafePrice extension from your system, then reliable anti-malware software is the only solution to remove it.
There is hundreds of anti-malware software available online both free and paid. However, according to our tech experts, always use paid anti-malware software to remove different malicious software from your system.
The reason why our tech experts recommend paid version anti-malware software is due to most of the free anti-malware software is unable to remove this kind of harmful malware.
The only thing these so-called free anti-malware do is temporary limit them, but they still exist in your system and might disturb you again.
Avast SafePrice Reviews
To make the Avast SafePrice review entirely unprejudiced, we add some users reviews, which significantly helps you to make your decision whether you want to keep it or remove it permanently.
The first review we add in this blog shows how much this user is stubborn with Avast SafePrice extension. Which is installed without any permission.
Here is another user, who is not happy at all by the idea of Avast SafePrice extension.
However, one user in discussion comes with an idea to how to use SafePrice extension effectively to run your business.
There is no doubt that Avast offers some most reliable antivirus and cleanup software in the market. However, sometime these kind of renowned and trusted brands forget to test their own products before launching in the market just to stay in the highly competitive market.
On the other hand, the reason why we suffer this kind of additional features, which are worthless, and of no use is due to our laziness at the time of installing different software.
So, it is clear now that SafePrice extension is the worst software made by Avast so far. We hope that you find our Avast SafePrice review helpful to remove it completely from your system. In case you still find any difficulty or want to ask something, feel free to contact us in comment below.