Are you concerned that someone will read your messages? Is there a way to protect your conversations? This is where Wire Messaging App comes into play. Due to its sublime features, especially in the era where securing your online privacy is very difficult, an app like Wire provides excellent relief for users.
In our Wire review, we will be looking at some of its significant features, prices, how does the app compete with other alternatives, and are there any drawbacks of Wire messaging app.
Wire Messaging App Review-Pros & Cons
- One of the rarest messaging that offer a unique feature of an end-to-end encryption not only for messaging but also for video calls
- Wire messaging app supports multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Offers a trendy, user-friendly and eye-catching interface
- Wire is an open source app, which makes sure there are no backdoors created by intelligence agencies
- Calls, messages and sharing different files can be transferred between devices
- This messaging app provides a sketching feature that greatly assists its users in demonstrating and explaining things
- Offers multi-login feature that means you can log in with your Wire on to 8 devices at a time
- Wire messaging app failed to provide cloud synchronization feature
- In our testing, the desktop app took a long time to log in, which is a significant drawback when someone has to contact on an immediate basis
- In the perspective of corporate users, this app still has insufficient features to offers. There are still lots of space to include element to provide complete assistance for business purposes. Such as websites like LinkedIn and Indeed direct link feature should be included, to communicate with corporate entities in most secure and highly confidential way
What is Wire Messaging App
The wire is a highly secure end-to-end encrypted messaging app that is developed according to today’s online privacy concerns. The app is designed by the same team of developers that were behind the creation of Skype.
The primary purpose of developing this messaging app is to provide a secure online messaging platform for business and personal use, which others popular messaging apps failed to deliver.
The way Wire messaging is crafted, and after using it extensively, we reckon that the app will succeed much in the market. Moreover, Wire offers an eye-catching design and the exceptional user experience.The way it notifies users on devices makes this app unique.
Additionally, while using Wire messaging app to chat with more than one people, you can also avail voice chat option that is entirely based on highly secured and sophisticated technology. It means, if you compare this app with its competitors like Skype or WhatsApp, the quality and security is much better than its alternatives.
Although, there is not a single app in this world that is free from kinks and bugs. And same goes for Wire messaging app. However, for an app which is in its initial stages in the market, Wire messaging app is climbing up the ladder and is doing great.
Wire Messaging App Features
The reason why our tech experts love this app is the outstanding and unique features it provides. Following are the list of its key features that assist you to decide, whether this messenger app worth it or not:
- Provides encrypted and secure group chatting
- Provides guest room feature that enables the user to connect with an individual, which are not using Wire messaging app
- For corporate purposes, it provides an option to easily revoke and grant access to team members on an immediate basis
- Since it is an open source app, it maintains a high level of security to secure users online data
- To use this messaging app, a contact number is not necessarily required for registration
- Provides group voice call feature for up to 10 people at a time and is fully encrypted
- Provides encrypted video call feature as well
- This messaging app offers secure file sharing feature and supports all formats of documents such as PDF, DOCS, XLS, etc.
- While using Wire messaging app, it provides screen sharing feature up to 10 people, which is very beneficial for online meetings
- Synced between various devices at one time
- Offers multiple functionalities to make the conversation interesting similar to its alternatives app available in the market such as sharing pictures, GIF’s, embedded videos, etc.
Wire Messaging App Pricing Plans
Wire Messaging app starts at €6 per user per month (which is $5/month) and offers a 30-day free trial and free demos.
However, Wire messaging app’s close competitors such as Threema and Signal app offers a premium version at lower prices.
According to our tech experts’ opinions, the price charged by Wire messaging app for its services is justifiable as it provides some unique features, such as multiple device support, encrypted video and call (1:1) and encrypted group call assistance that others are failed to deliver.
Following are the pricing of different packages offered by Wire for users:
(2 Year Subscription)
Wire Messaging App Compatibility/ Download Links
Wire messaging app is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux devices. This is one of the positives that we highlighted in our Wire Messaging App review. Users can use the service on any platform with ease.
Following are the links to download Wire messaging app according to the device you are using
Wire Messaging App for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wire
Wire Messaging App for Mac: https://itunes.apple.com/app/wire/id931134707?mt=12
Wire Messaging App for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/wire/id930944768?mt=8
Wire Messaging App for Windows: https://app.wire.com/auth/
Wire Messaging App for Linux: https://github.com/wireapp/wire-desktop
Compare Wire Messaging App VS Others
Following table provides the critical comparison of Wire Messaging app VS other messaging app alternatives available in the market.
Features that make Wire the best and unique app among its competitors are as follows:
- The first unique feature we discover during Wire messaging app review that it offers multiple device support for end-to-end encryption as compared to its competitors in the market, which still failed to provide this feature
- Another unique feature we found during Wire messaging app review is that it provides encrypted video and call (1:1) at the same time, while others competitors still struggle to provide this kind of feature
- However, Signal messaging app offers this feature but only for a voice call
- Only app the offers encrypted group call assistance as compared to its competitors who are still struggling to make their user data safe and secure
The mentioned above points makes Wire Messaging app a top service as compared to its main competitors in the market.
First ever messaging app that not only offers end-to-end encrypted communication platform but also provides demand crisis communication solution known as “Wire Red feature,” which provide a secure channel for business continuity and fast recovery when networks are compromised or unavailable.
The primary purpose of Wire Messaging app review is to inform our users about this fantastic app. It offers an encrypted messaging mechanism to keep online data 100% safe and secure from being compromised.
However, this app still needs lots of improvement to take over the market share from other messaging app like Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
We hope that this Wire messaging app review would greatly help you to make your decision that this app worth it or not. In case if you still have any query or confusion, feel free contact us by shouting your comment below.